We decided to create 20 free alternative taglines for the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. to use in their new campaign
More than $300,000 was spent by Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) to relaunch their tourism campaign with a recycled slogan.
Many locals and tourists have criticized the advertising agency for ‘reusing’ a tagline created six years ago in an attempt to give this latest initiative a fresh approach.
The President of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) has called for a refund of taxpayers’ money from Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) for the job it is doing to relaunch Barbados tourism, particularly in the events space.
Minister of Tourism and International Transport, Senator Lisa Cummins, has defended the marketing tagline but BTMI Chairman Roseanne Myers says there will be an “internal investigation” into the non-original marketing initiative.
So we decided to create 20 Barbados Tourism taglines for free
- This is Barbados, enjoy
- Where the world comes to play
- Your paradise is here.
- Just add water and relax
- Come on over to Barbados.
- Love Life. Love Barbados
- Discover the unexpected
- Barbados. Cool beaches, hot time
- Life’s better in the sun
- Life is a journey. Make Barbados your destination
- Barbados.More fun. Less passport.
- Come for the sun, but stay for the fun!
- Live Life, Love Barbados.
- Get away from it all
- Barbados has it all!
- Unbelievable experiences, unforgettable memories.
- Picture it. Then, experience it.
- A paradise that feels like home!
- Stay, Play, Explore!
- This. Is. Barbados!
We also included a 30 sec clip to add as an example of how we could use any of the taglines above
How Did We Develop These Taglines?
We started with text from the Barbados official tourism organization, visitbarbados, assuming that this would be the basis of the advertising brief.
Things to do in Barbados
Each place in Barbados has a story, every meal is a celebration, and each day promises new experiences, discoveries and memories to last a lifetime. Many expect Barbados to be a once-in-a-lifetime type of trip, but quickly discover that it is the kind of place you want to return to, time and time again. With so much to do, it is probably pretty obvious now why travelers keep coming back!
Somewhere just off the island chain, you’ll find Barbados—a little island with a big heart. Surrounded the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean sea, Barbados has something for every kind of traveller: the foodie, the explorer, the historian and the adventurer! From our cuisine to our rum, to our UNESCO World Heritage sites, your Barbados adventure awaits!
We get it – Barbados looks too good to be true! But luckily, you don’t have to take our word for it! Here you’ll find snapshots of our beautiful shores, taken by travelers just like you! If you have an amazing shot that shows off your time here, we want to see! Share your photos, tag your friends and show off your Barbados experience!Visit Barbados
Given the popularity of Instagram, we also created some additional headliners for Barbados
- Share your Barbados Experience!
- It’s your vacation. Snap it!
- The only island you need to Instagram.
- Did you tag your photo with #Barbados? We want to see!
- Life is a vacation, take a photo
- You can’t capture the essence of Barbados on a selfie.
- Want to make your #Barbados trip totally insta-worthy?
What are taglines?
A tagline is a phrase or line that captures the essence of a company in an appealing and memorable way. Taglines help customers feel more connected to brands and are an important tool for retailers to use in their marketing strategy.
You may have noticed that, in television ads, taglines are delivered several times over. It is done to get you to remember the message and repeat it yourself.
Here are 10 popular taglines used by some major brands
- Just Do It. (Nike)
- Real leather crafted the forgotten way. (Hidesign)
- Shave time. Shave money. (Dollar Shave Club)
- Melt’s in your mouth, not in your hands. (M&M)
- It’s more than good, it’s great. (Frosted Flakes)
- A diamond is forever. (De Beers)
- With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good. (Smuckers)
- Cold as the rockies. (Coors)
- Quality never goes out of style. (Levi’s)
- Think big. (Imax)
We thought this was a fun way to take a crack at developing our own Barbadian tagline. For those who know this country more than us. Tell us how well we did.